ARCASIA FORUM 20
ARCASIA Forum is the most important biannual vent of Architects Regional Council of Asia (ARCASIA) and is a platform for the on-going discussion of current architectural ideas pertinent to the region and the rest of the world as well. This is a gathering of prominent architects and thinkers intended to serve as an Asian 'catapult of minds' on matters concerning architecture and environment.
Institute of Architects Bangladesh (IAB) has won the bid last year to host ARCASIA Forum 20 to be held in 2019. It is also important to be mentioned that Forum 20 will be the 50th anniversary celebration of ARCASIA. The five day long event will take place in Cox’s Bazaar. In this regard, IAB is launching a logo design competition to mark this grand event.
The logo for ARCASIA FORUM 20 is expected to be inspired by the ARCASIA fraternity, the key features of the host country and nevertheless, the theme selected for the event as described below
ARCHITECTURE IN CHANGING LANDSCAPES
Never in the history of civilization one has witnessed such unprecedented speed of change in every step of life. Such ubiquity often reminds us of Heraclitus saying “Change is the only constant in life”. As architects we are negotiating everyday with increasingly volatile contexts. Our economic, physical, technological and geo-political landscapes are changing unprecedentedly. In today's reality to address many facets of this undeniable phenomena, the theme of ARCASIA Forum 2019 - " Architecture in Changing Landscapes" is expected to invoke innovative thoughts & ideas from the professionals and researchers, concerning Architecture of Today and Tomorrow.
TECHNOLOGY, CULTURE, ENVIRONMENT, PEDAGOGY
1. Any IAB Fellow/Member/Associate Member (Individual or Group)
2. Any Architecture Student of IAB Accredited Universities (Individual or Group)
1ST PRIZE: BDT 50,000 and a certificate
2ND PRIZE: BDT 30,000 and a certificate
3RD PRIZE: BDT 20,000 and a certificate
Note: Award will be distributed in a ceremony during ARCASIA Forum in 2019
PANEL OF JURY
1. Ar. Mustapha Khalid Palash
2. Ar. Enamul Karim Nirjhar
3. Artist Sabyasachi Hazra
ARCASIA FORUM 20
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
TUESDAY 14 AUGUST, 2018
01. A3 sized panel, auto color printed, not to be folded and to submitted in an Envelope.
• Format: Landscape
• Number of Panels: 01 (One)
• Logo should be printed in 03 different sizes on the Panel (Approx. SIZE 2’’X2’’, 4’’X4’’ & 6’’X6’’)
• The submitted panel must be prepared with the concept, design statement (max. 300 words), proposed logo in required sizes & the theme for the FORUM
• 1’’x1’’ box should be kept vacant at upper right corner of the Panel
02. Softcopy of the A3 Panel on CD/DVD/Pendrive.
03. Filled out & signed Declaration Form for the Competition (sample to be released via email from the Competition Director upon request. Please see contact details at the end of this document)
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Participants can submit individually or in a group. The group may include architects, students of architecture, artist or any person interested. However, at least, the Team Leader must have the competition eligibility (FELLOW, MEMBER, ASSOC. MEMBER of IAB, Student of School of Architecture accredited by IAB).
2. Any participant (individual or group) may submit maximum 4 no-s of entry separately.
3. An entry may be disqualified if:
• The eligibility requirements, submission requirements and submission deadline are not followed.
• There is any attempt to influence the decision of the Jury.
THE JURY’S DECISION
The panel of Jury reserves the right to select the winners of the competition. The panel has also the right to decline to choose from any submitted proposal if deemed NOT UPTO THE STANDARD OF EXPECTATION
By participating in the competition, participants confirm their acceptance
· To the guidelines & regulations of the competition as specified above and the decision announced by the panel of Jury.
· To incorporate the suggestion from the panel of Jury to improve the proposal to qualify as possible winner/s
The proposal of the 1st WINNER shall be accepted to be used as the official Logo of ARCASIA FORUM 20 with necessary revision according to the suggestions from the panel of Jury.
The result will be announced on a suitable date after the jury session is over.
For any further inquiry, please contact:
Ar. Masud Ur Rashid, MIAB
IAB Centre, Plot 11, Block E, Road 7, Agargaon, Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka 1207.
Phone: 02 8181180-81